Simtable’s Evacuation Module creates agent-based traffic models of your local populations. Demographics can include local retiree, tourist/visitor, and school-aged populations. Data on households can be used to spawn traffic using the probability of occupancy, number of residents and number of household vehicles. These demographics can impact driver behavior with regard to their knowledge of road networks, the need to coordinate trips and emergency notification communication patterns. Our approach allows for emergent congestion patterns and heterogeneous driver behavior. Agent drivers navigate the road network based on their knowledge of the incident and of the roadways.
Similar models can be adapted for pedestrian evacuations from special events, festivals, and large sporting matches. Our approach allows for users to visualize traffic in their areas of interest, set evacuation zones and discover the congestion patterns that emerge.
Let Simtable create custom evacuation models to aid in your public safety evacuation planning.
- See traffic flows in relation to fire simulations and the time of their progression
- Locate potential traffic congestion points
- Identify key escape routes and plan for resource allocation
- Use population modeling to estimate vehicle & foot traffic
- Integrate rich real-time data with remote sensor gathering from your GIS sources
Demonstration of the Evacuation Module and its use simulating traffic and evacuation zones available on the Simtable.
Custom Crowd Evacuation simulation for community event, Zozobra, in Santa Fe, NM. In coordination with RedfishGroup.