Uses of the Simtable
What People Are Saying
– Steve Mullis, Lieutenant/Wildland Coordinator
The Simtable is the future of wildland training and public outreach.
– Erik Litzenberg, assistant chief of operations for the Santa Fe, NM Fire Department
Simtable is unique in that it combines digital, computerized operation with a sand table. The Simtable is also very collaborative. The decisions of all participants can be integrated, and each can have an effect on the others.
Simtable is ideal for training on strategies and tactics, but it’s also great for practicing the IMS.
– Dave Sperling, Deputy Fire Chief, Santa Fe County
I’ve never seen a group so engaged at a FireWise presentation.
– Manny L’Esperance, Los Alamos National Laboratories (LANL) Fire Management Officer
With Simtable we can start a fire and we can simulate the response to a fire, how we would mitigate it.
We have many different options, whether we cut hand lines or dozer lines, we can simulate water drops, a lot of different options, we can use as a training aid to show how we would control a wildland fire.
– Scott Ridings, Assistant Chief of Wescott Fire Protection District, Colorado Springs, CO
User friendly and what a great training tool! You can truly see the value. The multi-user cloud based features allow a truly distributed command.